Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Category: Ridiculously Huge


sunglasses of ridiculous size
Originally uploaded by marymuses.
The day after I gloated to Rachel that I'd had the same pair of sunglasses, which actually fit my big noggin, for years, I lost them. Pride goeth before a fall, indeed--right before a fall of the sunglasses out of the pocket of a bag. I didn't want to spend a great deal of money on new ones since I tend to lose the more expensive ones the fastest, so today I made a beeline for the bargain rack and proceeded to try on eighty-three kajillion pairs of sunglasses, all of which were too small for my head. The final pair, the ridiculously huge ones you see gracing my large head, were the only ones that a) didn't give me a headache and also b) didn't have mirrored lenses. Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! I popped them in the cart and checked out.

I'm not quite sure I like them yet, but look how small they make my nose look!

4 comments:

Shepcat said...

Nice. Now you and Kate have a "dueling Bonos" thing going on over on your flickr page.

Shiz said...

The bigger, the better.

marymuses said...

I think Kate makes a better Bono than me. Pink frames, pink lenses--total rock star.

I'm not sure bigger is better, but at least I didn't have to get the aviator kind from the dollar store.

markbe said...

bigger is better when it comes to sunglasses- less chance that annoying stray ray of sun will sneak in at the perfect angle when you're not expecting, among other reasons. they are cool, cuz they are exactly like what i would get, haha!