Friday, October 21, 2005

I'll Fold the Laundry in a Minute

I actually really enjoy folding laundry when I am on my own and it is quiet. I'll do it in silence or put something nice on the iPod and just go to town. In fact, I enjoy the whole laundry process except for the part where I have to turn the dirty socks right side out (for some reason I object to washing them inside out). I used to think that I'd make a great laundress, but I hate ironing, so I think that kind of puts that career out of the running for the What Should Mary Do Once Mary Liz Is In Kindergarten? Challenge. I guess I'll have to figure something else out.

Nothing much to see here; we're doing all of our usuals in one day. This morning we made the Plaza loop, and I promised Jack (who was kind enough to run an errand with me instead of doing something fun yesterday afternoon) that we'd do our Union Station/Crown Center thing this afternoon. I tend to do this to myself on Fridays, to fill the day up with activity so that I go home annoyed at the end of the day. At least it makes the weekend seem all the more appealing. Oh, except...

Except this weekend will be a working weekend with Joe, Mark, and Kate (ages 6, 4, and 2, respectively). I report for duty tomorrow morning at 8:30 and will be done late Sunday night. The kids are good, and I genuinely enjoy them, but I've been spoiled by having just one child for the bulk of my working hours, so I'm sure that I'll be nearly dead from the exertion by the time the weekend is over. Still, it's good for me to put some extra coins in the coffer, so I'll do it (mostly) without complaining, especially if I can figure out a way to get us all to LaMar's for doughnuts Sunday morning. (And I'm certain I can.)

So that's all, I suppose. Like I said, nothing to see, but I thought I'd at least pop in and let you all know what's up. I'll see you on the flipside, sometime late Sunday night. If you're nice, I'll even bring you pictures.

No comments: