Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It Was...Nice

I had a nice night. I'm sure that's not incredibly exciting for you to read (you're going, "uh, why do I come here again?"), but it's something that doesn't happen a whole lot for me. Usually it's a busy night or a tired night or an exciting night or a working night. But tonight I got to hang out at Rachel's, have some good shiraz, and watch some Felicity. We chatted, I ate a little pumpkin bread, and then I came home. It was the kind of night I really like to have--relaxed and comfortable, but not in the least boring.

In other news, I've come to accept that fact that my brain doesn't like me to go to sleep at a decent time at night, even with sleep aids, but that it will accept long naps as compensation for the short nights. On Tuesday and Thursday mornings after I drop the kids off at school, I have the freedom to come home and crash right back into bed, and I'm going to relish that and use it wisely. I'm hoping that someday I'll be able to return to semi-normal sleeping patterns, but for now I'll take what I can get and try not to feel too sorry, knowing that so many of you are working your way all through the day while I am playing sleep catch-up in my very own cozy bed. I think it probably all evens out in the end, unless you're a workaholic, and then, well, sorry, I'm not going to try to keep up with you anyway.

Tomorrow will be a full day of work and then evening activity. I'm hoping the shiraz I had tonight will inspire sleepiness and it won't take me too long to drop off. Some nights can be magical like that; I'm hoping this is one of them.

No comments: