Friday, October 28, 2005

Laryngitis, Y'all. Still.

I think I have the urge to post a lot because I can't talk to tell people about my day. Take that entry about my sunglasses below--normally I would've just called Nicole and gone, "NICOLE. MY SUNGLASSES. They're ENORMOUS." But it's been three days since I've been able to hit speed dial five and have a frenzied conversation about how unfortunate it is that my hair prefers to be constantly disheveled except when no one is looking (when it looks Oh! So! Fabulous!) or how the chocolatey brownness of Nicole's sneakers is just right for every single outfit she owns. Please, people, I need some time for shallow, pointless conversation so the rest of the time I can make some sort of sense. At least I haven't watched anything wretched on cable television lately, because I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't call someone up and rant about how unfortunate it is that I could be watching a moving documentary about the fall of the Berlin Wall, but what I chose is Dr. 90210 or American's Next Top Model. (There are many good reasons for my home to remain televisionless; my poor taste is only one of them.)

And also I have the urge to use the word y'all, but only in print. I don't really want to say it out loud. Yet. If the laryngitis has its way with me, I may have sunk to that by the time I can speak aloud again. I may be willing to say just about anything once I can say it in my usual tone, at my usual volume.

Let's all hope I wake up tomorrow with a functioning set of vocal chords. It will be best for all of us this way, trust me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, man. hope you feel better, sweetie! and if you want to call me up (once you can talk) and say "y'all," that would be awesome.

<3 holly

marymuses said...

I was thinking I'd be able to call you up by now and just go, "y'all y'all y'all y'all y'all y'all y'all y'all" but the laryngitis is holding on tight. Hopefully it will release me from its grip soon and we can chat.