Thursday, December 29, 2005

Just a Bunch of Stuff I'm Going to Tell You

Last night when I was pretending that the rest of the world ceased to exist briefly for the sake of my personal convenience, I stumbled across something that made me laugh so hard I may have just snorted. I started out giggling, but by the time I made it to, "You could maybe hide it in cheese or peanut butter?" I had completely lost it, and by the time I hit "Pony Hole," I may have just been crying from the glee. I don't know if this makes me immature or just in desperate need of a good laugh, but whatever. Enjoy the link. Let me know if you snort when you laugh.

Earlier this month I gave a little plug for Ashton Allen on another little blog I have (ssshhhhh, it's a secret, don't tell), and he found it and sent me an e-mail thanking me for the plug and wishing me a happy new year. (I probably should have used some capitalization there. I don't care.) Right, so anyway, I felt that Ashton, being so nice as to take the time to write me an e-mail, deserved better than a mention on my sort-of-secret blog, so I'm giving him a plug right here. Ashton's music is fantastic, and I encourage a download or a purchase directly from his site. Also his t-shirts are pretty fun, and if you want to buy one for yourself or someone else (ahem*iwearsizesmallandlikebothshirtssoeitheroneisfine*ahem), I'm sure that would be a good idea. In addition (the fun never ends!), Ashton is playing some shows soon. If you're in Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, and some other places I'm too lazy to type out, chances are that he's playing near you. Many of his shows are in Barnes and Noble, and please, people, is there a reason not to go? Good music, lots of books about, high quality snacks in the cafe... You should check it out. Because I said so. And a big thank you to Ashton for the e-mail.

On a related note, related because it's about purchasing music, I recently ordered both CDs that are available on Kim Taylor's website, and they're perfect, of course. My favorite part was that the envelope they came in was hand addressed. In ink pen. I'm a sucker for things written by hand, even if it was just my address. She has a new album coming out next spring-ish (if I remember right), which thrills me no end. Kim has had the recent honor of being played in my car on the way to work, and I rarely play anything but the sweet sound of silence on my way to work, so she must be very good indeed. I recommend a purchase from her site or a download from iTunes. (But let me remind you that if your purchase from her site, the envelope is hand addressed. By hand. In ink pen. It's very nice.)

So last night after I'd watched Monsoon Wedding and caught up on blogs, I decided to play beauty parlor and assaulted my hair with a curling iron. I'm happy to report that I have settled on a hairstyle for New Year's Eve and that it also looks fabulous slightly messy the next day, which means that I've settled on a hairstyle for New Year's Day as well. It's really a shame I have no date for the New Year's Eve festivities, or even one for, say, doughnuts the next morning, as I will be foxy like a...um...well, like a fox. I guess I'll have to settle for the attention of my many fine friends and just show you all pictures later so you can tell me I look pretty. (I don't fish for compliments, people, I just tell you right out that I should get them. So humble, yes, I know.)

Today the little girls from across the street are hanging out with us, and they are the most precious things ever. This morning as I was knitting, Kate mentioned that she and Greta were going to learn to knit, but they couldn't do it last night because, "there just wasn't so much patience." Must be on backorder. Mine is.

I am looking forward to the holiday season being over. I'm ready to get back to my usual pace of life. This time of year, as enjoyable as it can be, really stresses me out, and I'm more than ready to return to the ordinary.

3 comments:

Shepcat said...

Frankly, the post itself wasn't quite as funny as I was anticipating.

You, however, had me at "pony hole." (It's funnier without the explanation.)

Shiz said...

You forgot to mention that Ashton Allen is extremely cute. Or is that a no-brainer?

marymuses said...

Shepcat, perhaps I built that up a bit too much, and my readers were bound to be disappointed. I did recognize that not everyone would be in a stress-induced slap happy sort of mood, eating microwave nachos whilst reading, but it didn't stop me from posting the link.

Shiz, I decided to let my readers see Ashton for themselves and make their own determinations about his level of attractiveness. But yes, I do think it's a no-brainer.