Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Note to Those Who Allow Their Dogs to Poop in my Yard and Do Not Clean It Up Already

I am of the opinion that if I do not own a dog, I should not have to clean dog poop off of my shoes after walking through my own yard. If you own a dog, it is your responsibility to clean up after it. If you don't want to pick up your dog's poop, either don't have a dog or keep it confined to a space where you will be the only one likely to step in the droppings.

I have had to clean dog poop off my shoes twice this week. TWICE. You know what that means don't you? It means that if I catch you, I'm going to have to kick you.

And your little dog, too.

So there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know it was a dog??

Anonymous said...

All the pee and the poo that you have encountered this week. Ick.

marymuses said...

Well, First Anonymous, I grew up on a farm and encountered more than my fair share of animal droppings. It's not hard to spot corn-based dog food poo, especially when one is cleaning it out of the cracks and crevices of one's shoe with a toothpick. Yes, folks, I ground it in that hard. I'm a genius.

Second Anonymous, honestly, there are worse things I could have encountered. And I have to say that the pee was less of a bother than the dog poo, partly because, you know, dog poo, and partly because people not cleaning up after their pets is one of my big pet peeves. (Pets--pet peeves--HAHAHAHA!!! I am so punny!) (And also maybe a bit tired and wired on some sugar.) (Maybe.) (A bit.) (Stop counting my candy wrappers. It doesn't matter how many little Butterfingers and Crunch bars I ate.)

gris said...

As a poop cleaning dog owner I can't agree with you more. My pet hate is dog owners who don't pick up the mess. It only really takes a few seconds, so it's not so much to ask realy, you'd think.

This week I actually stood in poo while cleanign up my own dog's mess..... go figure......

marymuses said...

Gris, thank you for cleaning up after your pet and not thinking it's too much to ask. You obviously deserve to have a dog.

And how terrible to be standing in the results of someone else's irresponsibility while being a responsible pet owner yourself? Yuck!