Thursday, January 05, 2006

I Doubt That Anyone Finds More Delight in This Than I Do

It's a chicken roaster. Shaped like a chicken. Is that great or what? I'm sure that there are plenty of rich housewives that can capriciously throw $240 at Williams Sonoma anytime they like that will think it's charming and go ahead and buy one, but they won't love it they way that I would love it. And I, indeed, would love it.

But I have neither 240 extra smackers or a place to store it if I had it. (Nor do I regularly roast chickens, but that's beside the point.) So I'm ordering this, which I actually need and will use, instead.

I'm such a spendthrift.

(Anyone want to place bets on whether or not the shipping & handling charges will exceed the cost of the item itself?)

4 comments:

Shepcat said...

Nice retro styling — tres 1958. And you must have ordered the last one in stock, because the page now reads "No Longer Available."

Shiz said...

Very CUTE eggtimer!!!!!!

marymuses said...

Sadly, I was not the one to get the last egg timer. Someone else was. By the time I'd typed the number one in the quantity box and clicked "add to bag," some theiving ne'er-do-well had snatched it up, and all I got was the "We're sorry, this item is no longer available. Would you like to continue shopping?" message. And NO, I would not like to continue shopping because I had my little heart set on that timer, and I was robbed.

I did a fairly thorough google search (Do you know how many ways you can request information about timers? There are infinite possibilities!), but was unable to find an identical one. I did find a red one through Crate & Barrel, and one in nickel that had dual timers through some other generic cookery type site, but I really, really, really wanted the yellow one, and I wanted it on CLEARANCE. Pah.

marymuses said...

Oh, hey, WAIT A MINUTE! It's now on backorder. And also I just discovered that they have Hot Spots silicone potholders on sale, which: Total bonus! I've been wanting some of those for a long time, and they've got the colors I want (yellow and orange) to boot. Now if they'd just mark that chicken roaster down to about $9.95, I'd be good to go.