Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I Won't Pretend That I'm Not Spoiled

I also won't pretend that I didn't do plenty to earn it.

This morning after getting up, getting to work, and schlepping Jack and Mary Liz off to school, I came home, crawled back into bed, and slept until noon under the weight of a gazillion covers.

I think I might like going back to bed after being up for a short time even better than I like just staying in there in the first place.

This, truly, is one of the biggest benefits of keeping this job and putting off New York until summertime.

4 comments:

Steve said...

I learned what spoiled is in Spanish on Monday...."consentida" for females...fun! :)

keauxgeigh said...

Indeed, you wake up the second time knowing that you've already accomplished something, and scoff at the rest of the day because you have nothing to prove to it.

Instead of just waking up and feeling like tree sloth.

amy said...

Steve? Are you the Steve in my Spanish class? If you tell me what "sacen la basura" means, then you win.

Can we all sing, "It's A Small World" together?

marymuses said...

So does this mean you'll be calling me consentida now, Steve? Please just don't shorten it to Connie.

Keauxgeigh, that's true; it does feel better knowing I've gotten something done already. Also, even if I sleep 'til noon, there are still three hours to get other things done before Jack is ready for me.

Amy, let's not sing that. Please, please, let's not sing it...