Thursday, March 30, 2006

Consideration of Options for the Cake I'll Be Taking to Easter Dinner

"I'm thinking that pumpkin with cream cheese frosting would be good. I mean, pumpkin isn't very Easter-y, but the cake is a bunny, and what says Easter more than a bunny?"

"I don't know, maybe Christ on the cross?"

"You think I should make a Christ on the cross cake???"



I won't tell you how, after we agreed that Christ on the cross wasn't the most appropriate idea for a cake, we discussed an empty tomb cake.

I will, however, tell you that I'd totally make the tomb door out of a big cookie.

4 comments:

Shepcat said...

Shades of Eddie Izzard. Brilliant.

"… and of course we have chocolate eggs at Easter because the color of the chocolate and the color of the wood on the cross… Well, you tell me!"

EB said...

I am so down with an empty tomb cake. Just wanted to let you know. Of course, then you couldn't use the bunny cake mold.

Anita the Sandy said...

And gingerbread Peter and John running around?

Shiz said...

Hee!

You could also make a "Christ on Two Parallel Pieces of Wood" cake a la this week's Onion.

But I like the bunny.