Thursday, March 02, 2006

My Date Last Night


after tristan's set
Originally uploaded by marymuses.
A complete outfit change! Sandwiches! Ash Wednesday service! TRISTAN PRETTYMAN!

Oh, yeah, also The Ben Taylor Band, which was great, but I liked Tristan best. I liked her enough to actually (gasp!) go up and talk to her after her set and even ask for a photo with her and Jen Lowe, who joins Tristan on stage as the rhythm section. We are cute, no? (At this point I have to confess, and you'll find the confession in flickr as well, that I used photoshop on my shiny forehead. So...maybe not as cute as the photo, but whatever.)

For those of you concerned about the shirt I got grease on yesterday, the issue wasn't so much that I couldn't change, but that I didn't want to take the time to do it. However, the grease did not come out (stinkin' Palmolive and their false claims), so I changed shirts. And then I decided that the skirt I had on already didn't look that good with the new shirt, so I changed that, too. And then I decided that, hey, it's pretty warm out, why not change into some open-toed shoes? And so it happened that I changed absolutely everything except my earrings and my underwear (which you probably didn't need to know, but I'm telling you anyhow. NEAT!).

At any rate, I'm not sure why I didn't give Miss Tristan a big plug here before and encourage you to catch her show, but let's assume it's because I'm lazy. However, I'm not too lazy to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed her show and that I enjoy her music immensely, so please go purchase some right this second. You can download her album Twenty-Three from iTunes, so: HANDY! GET IT NOW!

Pre-Tristan show, post-outfit change, Jarod and I grabbed a bite to eat and hit the J-Dub Ash Wednesday service, where I received the darkest ash cross EVER on my forehead. I cleaned both of ours off with bottled water in the car (had it been fainter, I might have left it, but...) before the show, but later saw someone with a very dark ash cross there, and realized, "Hey! He must be a J-Dubber!" Small world. Especially if the show venue is just down the street from the church in question.

It suddenly occurs to me that I'm not sure where I was going with this entry at all except to update you on what you (Tina! Here's another minute of fame!) wanted to know about my date and to encourage you to check out Tristan Prettyman's stuff. It also occurs to me that I am a little late in changing to go run, so I have to scoot.

Here's hoping this is fine without proofreading...

7 comments:

Shiz said...

Ok, three things:

1) "And then I decided that, hey, it's pretty warm out, why not change into some open-toed shoes?"

It is FEBRUARY. Okay, MARCH. In KANSAS CITY. How warm can it be? Open-toed shoes? Art thou nuts?

2) You say "Jarod and I" as though you've mentioned him on here before. Am I missing something? Isn't this the first time you spaked his name (Spaked: it's the past tense of Spake. See also: Spaken, Spaken unto, and Spakened)?

3) J-dub. It took me a LONG time to realize what you really meant, that you did NOT mean Jehova's Witnesses. I was trying to figure out why you were going to an Ash Wednesday service at a Kingdom Hall.

Tina said...

I'm with you Shiz on Mary's name dropping. Like we are supposed to know who Jarod is and WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON, if she doesn't tell us. Right? Here we are loyal listeners and she just keeps us hanging. She owes us th frozen mint M&M's that are in her freezer. I think that, then, I would be able to forgive.

marymuses said...

OOOOOOkay. Gosh, ladies.

Shiz:
1. I'm not nuts; it was in the seventies. I also wore flip-flops to pick up Jack on Tuesday. Flip-freaking-FLOPS! It was pretty much awesome.

2. Whether or not I've spakened his name before doesn't matter, does it? It's my blog, and I can do this HOWEVER I WANT. (So there.) But really, twin, did you expect me to shout it from the rooftops to the internet after the last romantic debacle? Besides, silly, you have the inside scoop anyway.

3. Oh, well, sorry about that. Jacob's Well, people, not Jehovah's Witness. I didn't mean to confuse you.

Tina: See #2. Except that you don't have the inside scoop yet, but I surmise that you're fairly intelligent, so you can probably figure it out, yes? Yes. Also, we will get coffee sometime soon and I can tell you more.

Okay, ladies, does that satisfy you for now? I hope it does, because if not? Tough. Muffins.

Shiz said...

I was just SAYING that the name drop seemed incongruent, as though you had said, "Snuffleufagus and I" and we'd never been informed that you even knew a snuffleufagus! It's like, "Wait a minute ... does Mary really know Julianna Hatfield? because I think she just said they went for sno-cones."

Shiz said...

Then again, if you'd said, "My friend Suffleufagus and I ate a grilled cheese sandwich," well, then, that's ok, because your telling us that you have a friend and his name is Snuffleufagus. And you had a grilled cheese sandwich with him.

And probably bitched about that annooooying Big Bird.

Jarod said...

Hi, I'm Jarod :)

rebekah said...

AAAAWWWWWW!
Mary, I'm so happy to see you happy!!!! Run with it, you desirve it. Welcome to Mary-world. You will never be the same (and that's a good thing)!