Friday, March 10, 2006

Not Exactly the Pack-O-Rama

Tomorrow morning Jarod and I hit the highway for Segment One of my vacation. We'll both be in Chicago for the weekend staying with friends of mine, then I send him home alone and get on with Segment Two, which finds me California bound. If you've been following along for awhile, you'll now be thinking that I probably packed two weeks ago after making eighteen lists on the backs of Starbucks receipts, but the truth is that I'm only half packed and I only made one list, and that's of all the chargers I have to take along for the batteries of my many devices. This morning I wasn't packed at all, and I stood there, befuddled, open suitcase before me, all clothing at my disposal. I felt completely lost. As much as I'd like to think I'm an excellent packer, the truth is that I'm an excellent packer only if I've had a lot of time to mull over my clothing choices and have made several lists. Circumstances being what they are, I'm a terrible packer with a tendency to bring too many pairs of shoes. I get the sense that I'll end up in California with eight pairs of shoes and too few pairs of underwear.

I guess it's a good thing they sell underwear in California.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not only do they sell undies out here, you will also have access to a washer and dryer, for only $1.25 per load! and i can even spot you the quarters. :)

can't wait to see you!

<3 holly