Sunday, March 19, 2006

Over and Out

Or, rather, down to the beach and out.

Today marks the last day of my vacation. From here we're headed to a beach that's beneath the take-off path of LAX (where all the cool kids hang out, or at least where two cool kids are hanging out today) and then to LAX itself so I can catch my evening flight back to Kansas City. I've had a wonderful time, and I hate to leave Holly and return to what is possibly questionable weather, but I'm also ready to be home. It will be good to feel a warm embrace when I step off the plane, to be greeted at home by plaintive meows, to sleep in my very own bed.

Farewell, California. You've been great, but it's time for me to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was so fantastic to see you! i am so glad you had a good time. and i am going to miss you!

also, here's something amusing - all the google ads i saw on your blog just now were for decorative throw pillows, and needle arts. yup. :)

<3 holly

Shiz said...

Bye, California! Thank you for treatign MaryMuses well!

marymuses said...

It was so great to see you, too, Holly! I had a really wonderful time. Thanks for being the best hostess ever!