Thursday, March 23, 2006

Tonight I'm Experimenting

With the children, of course! I've been reading Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and have been wondering for some time if Jack's difficulty focusing on tasks could be related to lack of sleep. When he has time off school, he'll still take a solid two hour nap in the afternoon, and I'm thinking that regular bedtime and a short rest time at school just aren't enough. And so: Tonight, since I am in charge (Have I mentioned yet that I'm in charge? Overnight? Oh, oops, no. Well, I am), I am moving up the bedtime by a full hour and seeing what happens. According to the book, this sometimes helps children sleep longer in the morning and helps them sleep without waking in the middle of the night. If it doesn't work, I'll be the one to reap the early morning, so I figure it's worth a shot. If it works, I can report back to their mom that, Hey, and earlier bedtime is sublime! If not, I'll just be up a little early and no harm done. I'll report the level of success tomorrow.

(Though I must say that right now? The level of success seems high, even VERY VERY HIGH, if only because it gives me more time to scroll through all those glorious cable channels and find something truly unfortunate to watch.)

No comments: