Wednesday, February 14, 2007

First We All Slept In, and Then I Made Waffles

And then I had to change my shirt because I dripped waffle batter all over it when I was licking the waffle batter spoon.

It's a snow day! I was beginning to think that everyone in the tri-state area was lying to me about there actually being a season resembling winter here, but it turns out you were correct. Now it's sleeting. I really wish you'd been lying.

...

I feel compelled to confess that I kind of lied about the sleeping in part. Both kids slept a tiny bit longer than usual, but I wouldn't call it sleeping in by any stretch of the imagination. I'd call it "getting up by eight when they didn't have to get up before noon, the little crazies." These are the days I miss Mary Liz and her nap-loving ways. We were two peas in a pod, but that's just because I taught her right from the very beginning. And because she's pretty much awesome.

...

Happy Valentine's Day, by the way. Jarod and I will be celebrating when I go to Kansas City for the weekend. I got him a bunch of the most boring Valentine gifts ever. They're utterly useful and completely dull. I'd tell you what they are, but then A) you'd fall asleep and might drool on your computer, and B) he'd already know what he was getting. I think I've stolen enough fun from the holiday by getting mind-numbingly blah presents; the very least I can do is keep them a surprise until he opens them.

...

I put a new little map (found via Holly's livejournal) at the very bottom of the page, and now I know where all of you live, or at least where you are when you read my blog. Turns out some of you are in Norway. Hello, Norwegians!

...

Have I mentioned Happy Valentine's Day? Happy Valentine's Day, readers. I hope it's a good one.

No comments: