Monday, February 26, 2007

To a Crisp

Less than an hour ago, while reaching into a high cabinet for bowls to serve the children breakfast, I inadvertently knocked over my teacup, pouring somewhere between twelve and sixteen ounces of near-boiling water down my left leg. I was wearing jeans, and it took me a entirely too long to get them off. I bolted upstairs with a beach towel from the laundry room around my waist (ever thinking of modesty--what IS my problem?) and leapt into the coldest water I could get in my shower. I think it was too little, too late, when it comes to preventing skin damage, but I'm hoping I at least saved myself from having to visit the emergency room. My leg is erupting in oblong, angry blisters now, heating up each cold compress I put on it, begging for the relief of another.

It's Monday. Monday morning. What a brilliant way to start the week, eh?

Crap.

No comments: