Tuesday, June 05, 2007

This Just In

A list of the sports I am willing to play:

1. Badminton

...

The problem with little league baseball is that if neither team is any good, the games stretch on forever. No one pitches well enough to strike anyone out, and walking in five people in order to get the five runs that each team is allowed in an inning can take pretty much forever. Should you find yourself having to attend a game of this, um, caliber, I recommend bringing several magazines and a dozen catalogs to help get you through it. A Nintendo DS and a half-read copy of New York won't do, even if you go through said magazine twice, dog-earing all the pages that list things that seem interesting to do or see or eat. Trust me on this one. I know.

...

I need more hours in my day. One would do, but ultimately I'd like about five.

...

Summer has descended upon me. Frank has two hours of school tomorrow, but other than that, she's done. Al will be done on the 20th, which I think is way late, but I guess that's what it's like for most of the public schools in this area. Al asked me yesterday if today was the 20th, and I had to answer in the negative. Poor kid.

...

As much as I was not looking forward to our summer days, I will admit that I am more than ready for our regular summer schedule to commence. Right now we are in a state of limbo with random activities popping up all over the place, and it makes it very hard for me to keep to a routine. There are a lot of things I have to remember for this job, and one way I remember to do everything is by doing it all in a certain order every day. With the schedule as it is now, I'm always missing something I'd normally do as a matter of course, which I find to be endlessly frustrating. I guess it's back to extensive lists for me...

...

I have begun packing up my things to ship back to Kansas City. With the summer keeping me so busy, I find that I need very little here aside from some summer reading material and my clothing. There are four boxes ready to go now, and suddenly the year seems as if it's been short. I'm sure the summer will fly, and that will be nice.

...

Greenwich Pain-in-the-Ass Connecticut continues to live up to its full name. It's almost as ridiculous as White Plains or (shudder) I-95.

...

Alton Brown is not exciting enough to keep me awake. On the SLEEPY[---------------]NOT SLEEPY continuum, the arrow indicating my current state of alertness is rapidly sliding to the left.

Goodnight, all.

No comments: