Thursday, July 12, 2007

Good Morning, Sunshine

One way in which summer is undeniably better than the school year is the quiet that morning brings. Except on Mondays, when the rush sets in as soon as my feet land on the first floor at seven, I generally enjoy an hour of quiet after my work hours have begun. I busy myself with work related tasks, but they are all done in relative silence. Even when the housekeeper arrives early, it is quiet, for on our own we are both quiet people. The children, having gone to bed late every single night, are tired enough to sleep soundly until I rouse them shortly after eight. The whole rest of the day is noisy and busy, but this hour is the magic hour. I think it is the best way to start the day.

Good morning, everyone.

1 comment:

James E. Robinson, III said...

And a good morning to you too.