Sunday, August 05, 2007

I Feel Sad Every Time It Crosses My Mind, Which is Often

This past Friday my dear friend Sheldon, who many of you know either personally or through attending the New Earth Coffeehouse way back when, fell twenty-five feet while painting his house. He has fractured his T5 vertebrae, his clavicle, and four ribs. He is lucky to be alive and without injury to his head. However, the doctor has told Sheldon that he will be in pain due to this injury for the rest of his life. Those of you who know Sheldon may know that he has suffered from another back condition for quite some time and has dealt with a great deal of chronic pain already; I'm sure that you can imagine that it would be disheartening to hear that, after years of already dealing with great physical pain, you'll be facing even more. Please join me in praying for him and for his family at this difficult time. In addition, if you are interested in offering some financial support at a time when it will obviously be impossible for Sheldon to work, please email me at marymuses at gmail dot com. Sheldon is one of the kindest and most patient people I know, and it is my wish to support him and his family, who I love very much, in any way possible at this time.

No comments: