Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Sound of the Washer Finishing Its Cycle Will Be My Cue to Finish This Post

If you were to ask me what I've eaten today, I would say, "Hershey's Kisses!" If you were to ask if that was all? Seriously? Just Hershey's Kisses? I would say, "Yep." And if you'd been reading this blog for very long at all, you'd know that I am telling the truth, and you would not question me further, except to question my sanity.

Hi! We're back! And my house! Is a disaster!

Also my cat's eye is seeping liquid, probably because she likes to chase the broom when I sweep. So in between attacking the laundry, putting (or throwing) crap away, I'm trying to sneak up on her and wipe her eye off. Neither one of us is enjoying it.

I'm going to have two jobs this fall, and one of them is housewife. Because the house needs it. I've been tempted to take before and after shots, but I'm afraid that if I actually capture an image of the chaos, I might sink into a deep depression and not emerge until spring.

I might not emerge until spring anyhow, but that's because I'll be too busy organizing. I'll keep you posted on my progress, and maybe I'll take some after shots once we're all settled. Don't hold your breath on that one, though, because I fear you'll be holding it a long time, and might suffer ill effects. In the meantime, if you'd like to look at photos of something else, I've got a small honeymoon set going over at flickr. I've got tons more to process and upload, so check back from time to time for much, much more.

Oh, look, there's the laundry.

2 comments:

timsamoff said...

Not to depress you even further, but we've been here three years now and I'm still digging my way out. :P

MelissaRousseau said...

Oh, Mary, that sounds SO much like us... when we got back from our honeymoon. It's so hard to merge two lives.. much less two people's *stuff*.
I'm sure mine was (and still is) so much worse than yours, though, I am Queen of Clutter.
Hoping it's all going well!