Friday, November 30, 2007

Cristal Taste, Hamm's Budget

Today when I walked into TJ Maxx, I immediately zeroed in on a buttery yellow handbag with red accents. It was behind a few other bags, but I spotted it with ease. It was the best thing on the rack, easily. I leaned forward to see the tag, and at first glance it appeared to read $29.99. SCORE! While I shouldn't be spending $29.99 on something completely unnecessary, this was a really nice handbag. I leaned closer, and realized my mistake. The tag didn't read $29.99. It read $229.99.

I shouldn't be shocked, really. I've been able to hone in on the most expensive item in any given store for years now. Still, at TJ Maxx? Come on, now, TJ, first you allow my credit card information to be stolen (oh, yes, I was one of those unfortunate customers), and now you're selling things that are well beyond my budget? Please. You're TJ Maxx, you're supposed to be cheap. You have clearly forgotten your place in the retail food chain.

...

I'm certain you must have noticed by now that something is up around here, what with the posting every single day instead of only when the mood strikes. I've sneakily been participating in NaBloPoMo. I originally intended to put up a badge and make an announcement, but then I decided to just forget about all that and participate without making it obvious. As if posting every day this month weren't obvious in and of itself, but still. Today marks the last day of November, so with this post it's all over. It's been fun; thanks for being along for the ride.

No comments: