Friday, November 23, 2007

Liveblogging from The MAX

Does this prove my love for the bus or what? Here I am, bouncing along, fumbling with Jarod's iPhone keyboard. I hate to say it, but maybe I'm just more of a Blackberry kind of girl.

Yesterday we kidnapped Aunt Marge, who is in her eighties, from the family dinner, and we're holding her hostage until tomorrow evening. And by "kidnapped" I mean "relieved my parents of the burden." Aunt Marge is a very nice lady, but with the waxing of age has come the waning of social graces. She seems to no longer remember that one should not make comments at full volume at the movies or that it is a good idea to pack a pair of underwear for each day she'll be staying away from home, plus an extra. I'm sure you can imagine my bemusement at her request to borrow a pair of mine, as the only pair she'd brought had met with an early morning accident. I shook my head, chose the granniest pair I could find, and attempted to convince her that, no, really, it's not a loan type of situation. It's more like, um, a gift.

No comments: