Friday, November 02, 2007

Oh, Naptime, How I Miss You

These past two days Jack and Mary Liz have been out of school due to parent/teacher conferences, and the day before that they were off at noon. Next Friday they'll be out all day as well due to the annual school fundraiser. And due to the fact that I think the school secretly wants to do me in. Come on, school, give a sister a break here. Don't you understand that the children don't nap anymore? And that I do? Faithfully? And also that I've given up caffeine and sugar? I just can't win.

...

This evening we are taking the nineteen-year-old niece of a good friend down to the Crossroads District for First Friday. I told my friend to warn her that we are nerds, not cool people, and that she should be prepared to be embarrassed to be in our presence. She's a little too hip for us; I hope she survives.

...

On a related note (related because I used the word embarrassed in the last little blip and because it's nerdy), does anyone else feel that the word embarrass should have just one R in the middle instead of two? I have always felt it should be spelled that way. Who's with me?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am TOTALLAY with you. who uses two R's? I'll sign a petition if you start one. :)

Also, you gave up caffeine and sugar?!?! I'm so proud of you!!! Why? An awesome choice, jsut a hard one... so I'm surprised... not that you are gutless... but... man... I tried to do it and, well, SUCKED. Didn't last. I'm doing good wieth the caffeiene thing, but the sugar thing? that's a whole other bag, cause man... it just is.

Jennifer said...

uhm... loser (me) read teh next posts AFTER commenting... sooo... ya I see why. I'm really proud of you. It is hard. I feel ya, sista. But encourage you to stick with it. If you asked me, which you didn't, but I will volunteer my wisdom; the caffiene wasn't good for you, and is will take a whiel for your system to recoup and learn how to function NORmally, without being on speed. It had been run down, and once it has cycled out of your system, and you re-regulate to where God made you sit, speed wise, :P , You will resume your proper activity levels. That's what I say, anyway.

markbe said...

embareass?