Thursday, November 01, 2007

Thanks, Acne!

This morning I put on a pair of freshly laundered jeans which contain stretch. For those of you who are not acquainted with The Way Of The Stretch-Containing Jean, I think I can sum up by simply saying Day 1 = fits like a glove, Day 2 = sags as if I have no butt. So I was quite amused this morning, just half an hour after putting them on, to discover that they were already sagging low enough to drag at my heels. In fact, not only did it already appear that I was buttless, but I could also pull the jeans down without undoing any buttons or zippers. Being the lazy daring sort, I left 'em on and headed to work. Without wearing a belt, because, again, lazy daring!

There is only one possible explanation for my jeans suddenly being a bit big, and that is that I no longer have the luxury of eating what I tend to eat all the livelong day, which is sugar-laden crap, most recently the Hershey's Kiss. (I say "the Hershey's Kiss" as if I'd eat just one at a time, as if I haven't been leaving little pyramid-like piles of wrappers in various locations around the house.) But The Acne has driven me to extreme measures, and has responded well to those extreme measures, even in just four days, so I'm sticking with it. If doing without refined sugar is what it takes, I'll do it.

And I'll go buy a dang belt already, too.

No comments: