Saturday, November 24, 2007

This Is My 700th Post

And I'm going to waste it by being brief. I am sitting at my dining room table, pretending to listen paying close attention to Aunt Marge's stories about the past and present. Some of the stories are charming, but some are repeats, and others are all about medical conditions. Would you like to come over for tea? Aunt Marge would like to speak with you.

...

This morning while cooking the chili I'm bringing to tonight's family dinner, I put on a DVD for Aunt Marge and an iPod for me. Refreshing.

...

Just now I spaced out through most of an explanation of mimeographs. I tuned back in just in time to lean forward a bit and nod. I'm terrible. I'm going to pay attention for real now. And then I'm going to go run errands. By myself, thank heavens.

No comments: