Tuesday, December 11, 2007

This Time It's Not the Kids' School That's the Problem; It's the Stinkin' Weather

But I was one step ahead! Take that, weather!

Yesterday when I checked the forecast and predicted that the kids' school would be closed, I sent a preemptive email to their mom, asking if they could come to my house for the day instead of me coming there. This is preferable for many reasons, not the least of which is that I have stuff that I want to do here. There's also that whole thing where I have a small hill suitable for sledding in my backyard, which I can supervise from inside the house. You know, where it's warm and dry and (best of all) quiet. In addition, there aren't a gazillion other kids knocking into each other out there, trying to win the race to the emergency room. Mary Liz may be eating dirty snow, but it could be way worse.

No comments: