Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hitting the Ground Stumbling

Last night after we got home and I'd finally showered, I started shuffling around half bent over, as if I fell somewhere between the original monkey type creature and Cro-Magnan man in the Darwinian line. I told Jarod that I was just too tired to walk upright anymore, so I'd have to show up to work like that, stumbling around and unable to remove anything from high shelves.

When I got there this morning, of course I stood upright and got breakfast as usual. What do yo think I am, a freak?

I've been keeping a pace lately that's not exactly sustainable for me. While on the one hand there isn't anything I've been doing that I'd want to forego, on the other hand, there's a lot of sleep I've been missing, and that, for me, is no good. I have a hard time not being jealous of the kind of people that can sleep just four to six hours a night and be fine. But here I am, needing nine or ten hours most nights, and I think that's one of those things that I just need to accept and not dwell on, or at least not dwell on for longer than it takes me to figure out how to get those nine to ten hours of sleep so that I don't end up being a grumpy Cro-Magnan bitch most of the time.

Here's to goals, and to naps...

No comments: