Friday, May 23, 2008

Another Round of Lots of Nothing

So the baby I'm watching today has a barn which plays an electronic version of "The Farmer in the Dell" and "Old McDonald Had a Farm." So far I've managed to make both songs even worse than they already are by singing along in my overly dramatic American Idol voice. I have yet to add hand motions and/or interpretive dance. You'll have to wait until I get really bored to witness that spectacle.

...

Tomorrow I am taking Lucy Snowe to a kitty cat reunion with two of her three sisters. This is corny, I know. Shut up. We are going to have so much fun that you'll be jealous! No, really, we WILL! I know this for a fact because Lucy even likes going to the vet (weirdo), so any trip out of the house is sure to be a hit.

...

Though I've managed to kill nearly every houseplant I have ever had (if it doesn't meow, I have trouble remembering to care for it), it seems that my garden is doing fairly well. Peas are up and ready to climb, potato plants are coming along nicely, carrots will be thinned fairly soon, and the onions are looking hardy. Green beans will go in this week, I hope, and cantaloupe will soon follow. The dead bird, however, will not make it. But I didn't grow him. I'm just leaving him there as compost. (Jack and Mary Liz, STOP TRYING TO TOUCH THE DEAD BIRD, FOR THE LOVE OF PETE.)

...

I feel we must all take a moment to recognize that Cate Blanchette always looks perfect. As does Helen Mirren. Let us all now take a moment of silence while I wish to look so fabulous myself.

...

I am really looking forward to summer, even though I do not enjoy the heat. This mostly has to do with my new! improved! summer! schedule! Right now I work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 to 8am, then from 3 to 6pm (or 8pm if the situation necessitates it). You'd think that with those short hours, I would get a lot of things done. Alas, but no. Not anymore, anyway. It seems I am at the end of my rope when it comes to getting out of the house shortly after 6am. I now consider my work days a huge success if I manage to unload the dishwasher during the day. Fortunately for me (and all the projects I have yet to complete, which have languished these past few weeks), I have one more week of the crack of dawn schedule before my fabulous new summer schedule begins. I'll switch it all up by working Monday and Friday from 7:30am to 6pm. As odd as it may sound, I much prefer two long days to three early rising days with short hours.

Is it evident yet that I am not a morning person?

...

I keep forgetting that this is a holiday weekend. Memorial Day? What? Should I be doing something about that? Perhaps involving a grill?

Are you doing anything about that, perhaps involving a grill? If so, can I come?

No comments: