Thursday, June 05, 2008

Excuses, Excuses

Why I am STILL in my pajamas, sitting on the couch next to a package of Newman-O's:

(Pick an excuse, any excuse!)

1. My ass is glued down. Very firmly. I couldn't get up if I tried.
2. My cat is holding me down.
3. My posterior has become so large as a result of eating multiple Newman-O's that I cannot possibly lift it off the cushions.
4. I feel a little faint, possibly due to needing more nutrients, which I surely will not be getting from Newman-O's.
5. I am practicing resting because most Americans aren't very good at it, and I am an American.

or maybe:

6. I am taking my young charges to Branson tomorrow and Saturday, and I should probably get my relaxation in before it's too late.

A few years ago I took the kids to Branson with me to visit the Theme Park of my Childhood, Silver Dollar City, and they haven't stopped talking about it since. So we're going back. Naturally, last time they hated my favorite ride (Fire in the HOOOOOOOOOOOLE!!!) and loved my least favorite (Lost River, give me a break already). This year Jack has already expressed his desire to ride the BIG roller coaster, and I am keeping to myself the presumption that when he actually sees it, he won't want to get on it. He's a big talker, that one, but also pretty good at coming up with semi-valid reasons not to do the things he bragged he would do. My mom, nephew, and niece are also coming along, and I'm guessing that I will only be able to convince one out of the three of them to ride Fire in the Hole, and that one will be the only other adult, which just won't do since we can't leave the kids to their own devices while we ride it over and over again. I'm holding out hope that Jack will want to be all macho and manly and agree to go while everyone else observes blacksmithing or glassblowing or some other pioneer type activity.

Wish me luck, or stamina, or whatever. I'll most likely need it, along with some Bose Quiet Comfort 2 headphones for the drive.

1 comment:

holly said...

do they like tom sawyer's landing? because that was my favorite thing in the whole world. and they had the BEST ice cream sundaes in waffle cones right next to it. omg.