Friday, June 06, 2008

I've Got a Little Sunburn Already

We haven't even been the The Main Event, the Big Day O' Silver Dollar City, and here I am with pink cheeks. I guess I should have reapplied sunscreen after it all got sprayed off when we went to drive bumper boats. Did you know that bumper boats now have squirt guns attached? They do! Back when I was a kid, when we walked uphill both ways in the snow to get to school, our bumper boats could only float around and bump into other boats. The only way you really got wet was if you intentionally tipped over your boat, a big no-no in bumper boating, or if you got bumped under one of the fountains. And now they have these fancy, schmancy water guns to help out! Kids today! They have it so good! They don't even know how good they have it!

Ahem. (You kids get off my lawn!)

Right now I'm practically shoving kids through the shower, trying to get everyone clean by the time the fireworks at neighboring Celebration City begin. After that it's bed for them and...well, bed for me, too, after I've showered. I'm tired, possibly more tired than these darn kids. And you know that these darn kids will be up at the break of day, clamoring for good, clean fun.

No comments: