Thursday, June 19, 2008

Shout Out to Shatto Milk

One thing I forgot about running is how specific my cravings get during a run. Tonight I was convinced that the best food in the universe was peppermint stick ice cream with chocolate Magic Shell. I could even picture the Magic Shell hardening as the drips ran down the outside of the scoop. Not that I could obtain peppermint stick ice cream at this time of year, but it sure sounded good at the moment. I got all into it, thinking that if I had one of those ice cream balls, we could just get round peppermints and crush them and make our own. Then it would be homemade peppermint stick ice cream. How to concoct the Magic Shell at home is a slightly more ambitious endeavor, and I never did come up with a good idea for that. The run ended, and shortly thereafter the craving seemed impractical, and even my decided compromise, mint chocolate chip ice cream with hot fudge, lost its luster. I came home and drank some creamy, delicious Shatto milk. In my mind it was just as satisfying as ice cream would have been. I didn't even have to add chocolate syrup to be delighted.

That, my friends, is some darn good milk.

5 comments:

daysgoby said...

(did you want me to tell you to google *magic shell recipe* and home-made versions will pop up?)

No? *slinks away*

sg said...

Funny you should mention ice cream and Shatto in the same sentence. You might keep your eyes open at your local grocery stores...

Anonymous said...

What a great article. I must admit I am a bit bias as my name is Matt Shatto and my family owns and operates Shatto Milk Company, your local family dairy farm. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your enjoyment of our milk.

I want to make sure you know that you can come out and visit us on the farm for a tour anytime, we would love to show you around. As for ice cream, well, we will be introducing ice cream this Saturday at our annual Family Day at the Farm event at our farm. I hope you can make it.

Again, thanks so much for your kind words and even more so for your support of our local family dairy farm.

Hope to see you on teh farm soon!

Shepcat said...

I'm a fan of Shatto's whole banana milk. I can make a quart disappear in a minute or two, family history of heart disease be damned.

Shiz said...

Wow, it even SAYS Yummy right on the bottle. It has to be good!