Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday. Yes, It's Sunday.

Today really seemed like a Saturday. Which is appropriate, since yesterday seemed like Friday. But alas, it is Sunday. This means I have to go to work tomorrow. Geez.

...

I also have to go running tomorrow, and not just because it's Monday. I believe I ate my weight in chocolate chip cookies today, and now I've got half of myself to run off.

That might take awhile.

...

I've gotten back into the groove of running. After the first run, I was a lot more sore than I thought I'd be, as in having trouble walking downstairs because my quads hurt sore. This came as somewhat of a shock since I'd been keeping up my fitness level so well with the StairMaster, but the fact is that the StairMaster is a low impact activity, and running on concrete and pavement is not. All my muscles and joints went, "Uh, no thanks." I kept at it anyway, and now it's just like old times. Running and I are good friends again. We do everything together! Tomorrow we're going out for frozen custard, and then we're going to do some scrapbooking!

...

When I was adopting Lucy, sitting there and waiting for all the paperwork to go through (I'm assuming they were checking to make sure I'd never run a puppy mill or house of kitteh prostitution or something), I felt a little panicky, wondering if I was doing the right thing. I must say that, even though she knocked over the clothes drying rack today and dragged my swimsuit through the basement, leaving it conveniently in front of the litter box (ew), I still just love her, and for the stupidest reasons, too. For example, when she wants to lay down now, instead of settling in softly to wherever she plans to sleep, she just falls over. With a resounding PLOP, she lands in her place of repose. How can I not love a cat like that? HOW?

...

I have been using some medicinal teas with great success lately, and I was musing that if I were an ill person and used tea to cure every ailment, I would be very well hydrated. Bring on the tea!

...

No, really, bring on the tea! I've got two cups to drink before bedtime. I'd better get to that.

No comments: