Saturday, June 21, 2008

Why You Should Not Allow a Seven-Year-Old to Apply Your Sunblock for You

The whole time Mary Liz was rubbing the sunscreen into my skin, I thought, "I really should go over my shoulders again," but I didn't want to hurt her feelings and make her think she did a bad job, and by the time I'd finished everything else (stuffing the gigantic, half-deflated flotation device in the car, putting sunblock on the eight-year-old, quelling the bickering for 2.4 seconds, etc.) I'd forgotten about discreetly re-doing what I suspected she'd missed.

what happens when a seven-year-old applies your sunscreen

Oops.

4 comments:

daysgoby said...

Owww! Owwwww! Owwwww!

James E. Robinson, III said...

Funny, yet not so much. Lesson noted!

Nothing But Bonfires said...

Oh no! If it makes you feel any better, I'm sporting a very similar look, and I don't even have any excuses: that's just how I put sunblock on MYSELF.

Shiz said...

owie!