Thursday, July 31, 2008

Nothing to See Here

Except my new Obama shirt, which I got for free.

it sparkles

I'm not sure you can tell, but it sparkles. It was supposed to cost $5, but I had given away all my cash to kids who were fundraising, in crumply wads of two dollars each. I made a half-hearted attempt to find an ATM and then told the guy that he didn't need to hold it for me, that I wasn't going to be able to get any cash before the end of the party. He said, "Just take it. It's a gift." And was all, "SERIOUSLY? You don't want me to write you a check or something? Or call you later? Or...SOMEthing?!?!" But no, he wanted me to just take it. And he probably wanted me to get out of his personal space already. I think that, in my fit of grateful disbelief, I leaned in a little too close. So he got his personal space back and I got a new shirt. Brilliant!

4 comments:

James E. Robinson, III said...

that is a pretty watch, btw.

marymuses said...

Thanks! It was a Christmas gift from the family I worked for in CT; Frank picked it out, and she pinned down my taste perfectly.

daysgoby said...

Awesome shirt, and a great story too!

Shiz said...

Beautiful shirt!