Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Procrastination Station

I have been meaning to do this little thing I was tagged for for quite some time ago, but I always find a reason to put it off. It's a lot like my approach to ironing, really. Except that James tagged me and I don't think I've ever been tagged to iron. So here we go:

What I was doing ten years ago:
I was living in San Francisco, interning with Golden Gate Community, Inc., leading an experiential learning program for high school and college students called The Urban Plunge and doing various other tasks around the office, such as putting the dumpster out on the curb on Wednesday mornings. After nine months of having an entire four story Victorian house to myself once everyone had left the office for the day, I was suddenly sharing a room (and bunk beds!) with my polar opposite, who couldn't fall asleep without watching television, usually COPS.

Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Chocolate chips right out of the bag
2. Grain-sweetened chocolate covered peanuts
3. Honeycomb cereal
4. Popcorn with M&M's mixed in
5. Seaside cheddar cheese with crackers and apple slices

Five things on my to do list today:
1. Read the instructions for our new alarm system.
2. Catch up on laundry.
3. Sprinkle black pepper on the garden to keep the bunnies from eating my plants.
4. Clean the bathroom.
5. Get my new passport photo taken.

Five favorite recipes:
(You'll have to ask me for these if they sound good; I'm happy to share.)
1. Thai Mango Chicken
2. Super Duper Hazelnut Brownies (no refined sugar, no artificial anything)
3. Pumpkin Carrot Muffins
4. Agave Dijon Salad Dressing
5. Blueberry Tart

Five jobs I have had:
1. IMAX usher
2. Funeral planner (for three whole days!)
3. Administrative Assistant at a personnel firm (answered thirteen lines, and I hate talking on the phone to strangers)
4. Children's Realm Coordinator for the local Renaissance Festival
5. Nanny (duh)

Five of my bad habits:
1. Talking too much when I really have nothing to say.
2. Skipping meals in favor of snacks because I can't be bothered to prepare anything substantial to eat.
3. Sleeping on wet hair.
4. Staying up too late when I have to get up early in the morning.
5. Leaving my contacts in for longer than a month.

All the places I have lived:
1. Odessa, Missouri
2. Olathe, Kansas
3. Kansas City, Missouri
4. San Francisco, California
5. Darien, Connecticut

Five random things:
1. I anthropomorphize pretty much everything.
2. I'm a sucker for a bargain.
3. I sometimes wish I were training for this year's Pikes Peak Marathon, but at the same time am relieved that I don't have to get up before the crack of dawn every weekend and endure all that chafing.
4. I am a supertaster.
5. I cannot read anything on the eye chart without corrective lenses, not even the top line, which is one letter long.

Folks I would like to know better:
How about all of you? If you're game, consider yourself tagged. Leave a comment to let everyone know you've participated so we can come check you out.

1 comment:

My Year Without said...

what is your hazelnut brownie recipe??!! i am so excited to try them...feel free to post them as a comment on my blog, which is all about going sugar free for 2008! i will add it to my list of recipes which i am currently working on. they sound so good....!