Monday, August 25, 2008

In My Free Time I Pretend I'm Going to Fold the Laundry

And by "free time," I mean "when I should be sleeping." There's really nothing like lying awake, thinking of all the chores I meant to get done but never managed. There's also nothing like dousing an open wound in lemon juice. I'd say that I don't know where the time has gone, but in fact I do know where it went. I'd just rather not go over it again because it pulls my poor, addled brain in too many directions.

What I can tell you is that we have begun our kitchen remodel in earnest. I had big plans to throw a Sayonara, Kitchen! party so that everyone could gaze with horror upon our faux marble countertops and peeling linoleum before they were no more. We were going to have a finger food potluck! I was going to make cupcakes! It was going to be fabulous! But then I broke the knob off the hot water side of our faucet and it was all downhill from there. Or uphill, depending on how you look at it. Whatever the case, this morning between work and, uh, work, I removed everything from the upper kitchen cabinets, and now Jarod is taking them out. We will have to host a Welcome, Kitchen! party instead. We can still have a finger food potluck, and I'll still make cupcakes. It will be just as fun, but with less tacky and more completely awesome.

I hope you'll come.

And that you'll bring some of those mini quiches. I really like those.

No comments: