Wednesday, October 01, 2008

What Was That I Said About Posting in Nice?

Well, I said that before I found out that our iBook battery is pretty much toast and that the network here is slower than molasses on a chilly day. I've gone from 85% battery power to 78% in just three minutes, and it took me that long just to send one two-sentence email and get into blogger. So I'll sum up:

We love Nice!

We love the food in Nice!

We love the pace of life in Nice!

We hope Barack Obama becomes our president so the dollar can bounce back and next time we can have even more fun in Nice!

In the meantime, we are pretty good at going cheap. Our idea of fancy is to order the kebab avec frites et fromage. Also, the beach is free. I know! DELUXE! For those of you who think you cannot do Europe on a tight budget, I would like to mention the cost of dinner for both of us last night, including dessert: six euros. That's about nine dollars. If we hadn't stumbled into H&M, our total expenditures for the day would have been about thirty dollars. Come on over! It's not that bad!

(In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that tonight's dinner did not cost six euros, but it is the exception, not the rule.)

Oh, dear, 70% battery life! And I still need to twitter.

I'll be back when we hit London again on Monday; photos are forthcoming then as well. Au revoir!

1 comment:

amy said...

While you're there, you might want to check out a couple apartments/houses in case Obama doesn't win. And make sure there's a cute place next door to the one you choose b/c I'll be joining you. :)

Glad you're having too much fun to blog!