Friday, November 14, 2008

Another Wild Friday Night at the McBride Kitty Cat Preserve

I'm no good anymore at making exciting plans for the weekend. So many of my evenings have been taken up by work that on the free ones I really don't want to make an effort to do much of anything besides catch up on the life-as-usual activities I've been missing. For me that's running, so tonight, while everyone else was out painting the town whatever color they desired, I was out panting through the town, putting in seven miles. It was nice, and to be honest, I have been relieved that no one has asked us to do anything in the evening this weekend. I guess I just get lamer and lamer; that will probably never change.

...

Jack turns nine tomorrow. Niiiiiiine. We went to the doctor for his check-up today, and he is now just over five feet tall. Unbelievable. Also: I feel old.

No comments: