Sunday, November 30, 2008

November 30

It seems impossible that December begins tomorrow, but I looked at my calendar, and it is so. I did all my Christmas decorating aside from the actual tree today. Tomorrow I will begin lighting candles in my own version of an advent calendar. We've got a tea light in each of twenty-four cans, set out on a little table that the cats think is theirs to hide under, and we will light one each night (tea lights, not cats--we don't have enough cats for that). It will be a little light that grows each evening until it is Christmas Eve, and then all will be merry and bright.

We've already got plenty of Christmas plans, not to mention the special holiday activities we've still got to schedule, such as vet appointments for the cats and dental visits for us. The eye doctor sent us a reminder card, so we'll probably show up there, too. We do like to keep it festive around here. But don't worry--we'll save a little something for the new year. Perhaps we can wait until 2009 to get our cholesterol checked.

I am looking forward to the season and to the new year. My hope is that 2009 will find us finishing our myriad house projects and embarking on something brand new. In the meantime, I plan to do my best to enjoy the journey.

No comments: