Friday, July 03, 2009

All the Introverts Will Pick Up What I'm Putting Down Here

It had been too long since I had a day to myself. So I got up at 6:30am and headed out to pick blueberries before my husband even woke up. It started raining just as I pulled up to the berry patch, but I didn't go all the way out there just to turn around. So I pulled out my ridiculously large umbrella and picked for two and a half hours. When a friend phoned in the middle of it all and expressed sympathy when I said that, yes, I was indeed alone, I had to refrain from expressing all-too-exuberantly that I didn't really care. Because, in fact, I might have smacked someone if I'd had company. Okay, maybe not literally, but in my mind I would have been smacking someone, and I believe there's a verse in the Holy Bible about committing sin in your heart being just as bad as doing the thing for real. And so: I was alone, and no one got smacked literally or by my thoughts. Everybody wins!

1 comment:

k-stin said...

Picked it up!