Monday, July 20, 2009

Yawwwwwwn

I stayed up late last night getting things done, and I'm paying for it today in yawns. My estimate so far is 1,348 yawns, but that might be conservative. If yawning could make money, I'd have our adoption paid for by now.

Jarod and I spent the weekend with family in St. Louis, having Christmas in July. It was the last trip in my summer parade of trips, and I am more than happy to have my feet firmly on the ground at home now. Traveling can be good and wonderful, but this succession of trips has left me with a lot of loose ends to tie up, plus the ill effects of too much rich food and not enough exercise straining at the waist of my trousers. Last night I figured I could either lie in bed thinking of all the things I need to get done or actually do some of them, and my choice led to the workout ending at 11:30pm and the cleanup ending at 1:30am. Between then and the 8am wakeup, I got a lot of love from the cats; I guess I was behind on kitty snuggling, too. But one night short of sleep doesn't ruin anything, and I am grateful today to be slipping back into routine, with my stack of adoption paperwork looking at me kindly instead of staring, and the plants out back yielding all sorts of tasty things I can pick for our dinner.

Happy Monday, everyone.

No comments: