Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Think You Want to Know About This Dream I Had

In the evenings, Jarod and I have been re-watching previous seasons of LOST. So far we've made it partway through the third season. It's been really fantastic, except for the part where I have nightmares thanks to Ben Linus. (The smoke monster I could care less about, but Ben Linus haunts me.) Recently I've had some real doozies, but nothing beats Thursday morning's dream.

In the dream, a group of people and I were being pursued by Ben and the posse he'd assembled. The posse was made up partly of people wearing sickly yellow shirts and/or driving sickly yellow cars, but mostly of miniature pinschers with sickly yellow paws and forelegs (yes! evil dogs!). As we were pursued through a nameless college campus with excellent landscaping, we could see them coming by their sickly yellowness. It was then that we prepared our defense. The one thing that would deter them all, people and cars and miniature pinschers alike, not to mention Ben Linus himself, was...

...wait for it...





...





...





...





...





...






KITTENS!

That's right, kittens. Ben Linus may have done untoward things with bunnies, but dude just can't take the threat of kittens. It makes sense, really. What is the opposite of evil? Kittens, of course! If only our castaways had known, they could have done as my dream companions and I did, and make a net with balls strung for the kittens to cling to. Hidden under a tarp, this made an excellent deterrent when we raised it right as they were about to close in on us. I'm quite certain it would have held them off, what with all those fluffy, grey kittens hanging so sweetly in front of them, but I never got to find out because that was when the phone rang, and I woke up.

Next time I take a morning nap, I'm totally turning off my ringer.

1 comment:

Tim Samoff said...

that made me laugh so hard I cried, tears streaming down my face, eyes so blurry I could barely finish reading it. For that, I say, Thank you! Julianna :)