Thursday, September 03, 2009

Another Task for the Current "Can't Be Bothered" File

Lately I have little interest in dinner--either making it or eating it. I'm interested instead in a handful of chocolate covered almonds and sitting firmly on my butt until I force myself to work out. I think it's got something to do with this thing where I leave the house by 6:50am and then am forced to stay awake for the entire rest of the day. Oh, the suffering. So tonight I waved a box of organic mac & cheese in front of my husband, indicating that if he wanted it, he could make it. Also available: cheese and crackers and a bunch of tomatoes I picked and just left on the counter like little tomato orphans, homeless and without anyone to tuck them in at night.

I'm tired is what I'm saying. But working out every night makes me feel better about the chocolate almonds, and in the case that the workout is a run or solo bike ride, it gives me a chance to sort through all the thoughts that would otherwise keep me awake at night. I've committed to working out six nights a week, and so far it's working for me. Whether or not it's working for that guy on the couch that I used to make dinner for, I'm not so sure, but he hasn't died yet, so that's a good sign.

Vacation in three weeks. We're ready.

No comments: