Monday, November 09, 2009

All Systems Go

We have a scanner that works, we have scanned some documents, we are getting this job done. I've begun to feel about my adoption documents the way I feel near the end of the Pikes Peak Marathon, as if I've been doing this for long enough already, and isn't it time for the snacks yet? In particular, there's a section of trail on Pikes Peak that is not far from the finish, but far enough that there are no other people around and no aid stations nearby either. It's quiet and possibly beautiful, but it's hard to tell when you're exhausted. It's in that section that I get the urge to sit down on the side of the trail and let mountain rescue find me later and carry me the rest of the way by horseback. That's how I'm feeling toward our paperwork now. Where is mountain rescue and their horses? I know that I just have to keep going, that the end really is near, if not entirely in sight just yet, but oh, man, a horseback ride with someone else holding the reins sure would be nice right about now.

No comments: