Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Cleanliness is Next to Snobbery

Have you ever felt as if no one's home or kitchen could possibly as messy as or messier than yours? I am here to make you feel better. Behold:

shameful!
Click through to flickr to see the notes describing my not-so-secret kitchen shame.

That's my kitchen right this minute. I have all sorts of excuses, but it boils down to life getting in the way of proper clean-up and my stubborn streak still insisting on getting things cooked. In particular, I was hellbent on making chicken & rice soup from scratch, plus getting my apples into the crockpot and on their way to becoming applesauce before I left for yoga. By the time I'd peeled and cored and sprinkled liberally with cinnamon, I only had time to walk out the door, leaving this gigantic mess in my wake. Please note that I did take out the chicken carcass and other assorted compost. I should get a gold star for that. Later, hope to earn another gold star by unloading the dishwasher. Such ambition on a Tuesday evening! It will go down in history as...lacking. I'm okay with that. Because you know what? That applesauce tastes really good.

No comments: