Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Intent

First, let's take a moment to recognize our veterans and their families. These are people who give their lives in service of our country, who do whatever someone tells them to do whether or not they personally agree with it. That is no small thing, and they do it every day of their lives. So thank you, veterans. You deserve our respect and our support.

...

Whatever we did last night in yoga has clearly helped my adoption paperwork situation. I know it will sound corny, but for me yoga is the time that I feel most connected to God. In addition to the physical work, or maybe I should say in conjunction with the physical work, much of the time yoga is like a prayer to me. Maybe it's due to being so distracted in the rest of life; when I go to yoga, that all falls away in the focus of breath and movement and now. So last night I was doing yoga for Nola. And when something was hard or when we were all breathing and moving together with our breath, I thought, "This is for you, Nola, my intention is for you, I am moving and breathing so that I can make things happen for you." And today things finally felt like they were coming together. It could be a function of me focusing intently on making this happen and feeling renewed resolve as a result of that focus, but I also think that when I do yoga, I have God's ear in a way that I don't have it when I am half praying, half thinking of all the other things I need to do. Traditional evangelicals would call foul on this, but I call it awesome.

No comments: