Saturday, November 14, 2009

So Close We Could Hear Them Breathing

I guess I didn't realize how much I love modern dance until tonight. I mean, I love dance, and if a movie has choreographed numbers, you can bet I'll see it in the theatre, even if it otherwise probably sucks (ahem*DirtyDancingHavanaNights*ahem). It's rare, though, that I get to see a live performance. Much of the time it has more to do with my ignorance of area performances than anything else. But tonight my friend Rachel invited me to see the Paul Taylor Dance Company perform, and since the tickets were free, and I was free, I was all about that. I figured we'd be in the back or the balcony or something, but we ended up in the second row. I could see every facial expression and hear the dancers breathe. Amazing. If you have a chance to have such an experience, you should take it.

No comments: