Thursday, December 03, 2009

Moron Central

I hate asking people for things. You might think that I like to do it because I ask people for things all the time on this blog, but I do not. I hate it. I hate inconveniencing people. I hate inconveniencing people especially if it's partly my fault that I need to inconvenience them.

Jarod and I have been trying for some time to get our police clearance letters from the local police. I was told by more than one person that I needed to get it from one of the local stations, any station, just ask for the background check on letterhead and it will be done! But it turned out that this was not the case, and after inconveniencing plenty of people, I finally got the e-mail address of someone who could do what we needed and even have it notarized right there, without our help. I was so giddy at this news that I failed to notice that the person who typed up our clearance letters misspelled both Jarod's first and middle names. I feel like a moron.

I also feel like I don't want to be the one to tell the nice man who typed this up for us that the copy he sent me for my okay had major typos that I did not catch, and thus he printed and had someone notarize a letter we cannot use. So I'm making Jarod tell him, and Jarod agreed to it. Either that makes both of us morons or it makes one of us a really kind, loving person. It's probably the latter.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hi Mary - thanks for your comments today at my blog! Looks like you are in the middle of the paperchase? Good luck with it!