Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Forward Motion

I'm engaging in my usual battle today, the one between resting while I have the chance and feeling like I should get a lot of things done. If we weren't saving for adoption and kid-related expenses, I would go to Starbucks and get a venti and just attack my tasks. But the truth is that I do need to take some time to rest, and I also need to save some money. We've got a short wish list of things that we'd like to have for the baby, and there's just one thing left on it. We're halfway to being able to order it, and wouldn't it be a shame if my Starbucks hankerings were the thing to derail being able to take video of our daughter in HD?

I know that we still have awhile to wait, but for whatever reason, having these things makes me feel better. Prepared. As if I am moving forward. The two things I must do today are finish grant applications and make appointments for travel immunizations. Move forward. We can't do much now to speed things along, and the practical side of me doesn't want to, nor does my gut, which says not yet, it's not time just yet, but we can be ever moving forward in small ways. So I'll stay in my pajamas a bit longer and finish up what can be finished up, and later I will wander the aisles of Target and see if there's anything on clearance that we will certainly need for our baby, no matter what size she is or what season she comes home. Because it makes me feel better. And more prepared.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

Right?

No comments: