Thursday, June 03, 2010

One, Two, Three, Go

Tomorrow at 9am I'll begin a weekend job with two children under the age of three. I'll be done Sunday evening. That is a lot of time on my own with very small children who are intent on flinging themselves off of play structures. I'm not sure if I'll have a vehicle to drive them places in or not. If I do, it's the zoo, baby. If not, please come over. All of you. I've got the pool pass.

...

We are participating in an Orthodox Christian fast until some day in July, and I say "some day in July" because I am pretty sure I'll be breaking the fast over doughnuts and frozen hot chocolate in NYC before it's really over*. In the meantime, though, what this mostly means is that we are vegans who don't drink wine. I miss butter. Also milk on my cereal. And I'd like to blame this neck ache on the fast, too, if that's all right.

...

I seem to have overbooked myself for the entire month of June. I am now seeking a mint-making intern. You will be paid in cream cheese mints, which you will eat on the sly when I am not looking. Please apply by calling, e-mailing, texting, or just showing up at my house.



*New Yorkers: I'll be making my annual trip to Connecticut and NYC July 6 - 13. Not sure which days I'll be in the city, but if you'd like to meet up, please give me a shout.

No comments: