Thursday, July 22, 2010

This Tuesday with Old Lady Mary

It looks like I skipped a week of visiting Old Lady Mary, but I assure you that I did not; I just am not fond of the photo, and I didn't go on a Tuesday anyway. I don't recall her saying anything much about the outfit, so I'm going to pretend that outfit did not exist. This outfit, however, did exist, and could have used the addition of a bracelet, but I was running late, so...no bracelet. And you can't see the earrings, which really take the ensemble up a notch. Oh, well. Click on the photo if you'd like to know more.

tuesday, july 20, 2010

It is 69 days until the court date assigned to us in Ethiopia. Yesterday, when it was 70 days, it seemed like a long time, but for some reason, turning the corner into the sixties makes it seem less we have to wait how long? and more crap, we have a lot to get done. If you haven't been following our adoption blog, let me sum up our current situation. We've asked our agency if I will be able to see Magnolia if I stay in Ethiopia between court date and embassy date (four to six or eight weeks later), and they've, in effect, said, "Um, we think that's a terrible idea, but we'll discuss it." So it's up in the air whether or not I'll get to have Magnolia with me if I stay, or if I'll get to see her at all. What is not up in the air is the fact that I plan to stay regardless. So stay tuned to find out whether I'll be hanging with my daughter or volunteering and crying a lot! In the end, the decision to stay came down to my realization that it would be just as difficult to fly back to the US to wait as it would be to stay there and wait. When I think about both options, the one I feel best about is staying. So there you have it.

In the meantime, I'm getting really excited about renting a dumpster. Good grief, I'm old.

No comments: